Seeking business development consultant
- Published on Friday, 25 November 2011
Sunlabob is seeking a short term external consultant to develop a business plan and training manual for a water purification technology device. The scope of the project is to develop a strategic framework for scaling up the water purification device's expansion potential in the international market in cooperation with a large manufacturer.The Consultant will be required to undertake the following specific activities:
- Conduct market research on the expansion potential for the water purification device
- Develop a business plan that clearly identifies the activities, outputs and outcomes to be expected during the duration of the project, as well as to estimate the overall impact of the project
- Develop a training manual for the water purification device. The manual should be developed in line with the overall business plan and Sunlabob operational and financial branded concept for sustainable commercialisation in rural situations
- Experience in marketing/business development concepts/strategies
- Expertise in development policies and implementation strategies
- Expertise in rural commercialization strategies
- Has background in NGOs or socially oriented rural projects
- Experience in water/energy field preferred
The envisaged timeframe for execution and completion of the assignment is a period of four months, commencing December/January, and the candidate will be required to be based in Sunlabob's office in Vientiane for half of the assignment to work with local staff.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified.